Sunday, April 13, 2008

Jean Anouilh: this is for me the best definition of uncorrupted love:

Antigone to Creon: Oui J’aime Hémon. J’aime un Hémon dur et jeune; un Hémon exigeant et fidèle , comme moi .Mais si votre vie, votre bonheur doivent passer sur lui avec leur usure, si Hémon ne doit plus pâlir quand je palis, s’il ne doit plus me croire morte quand je suis en retard de cinq minutes, s’il ne doit plus se sentir seul au monde et me détester quand je ris sans qu’il sache pourquoi, s’il doit devenir près de moi le monsieur Hémon , s’il doit dire “oui”, lui aussi, alors je n’aime plus Hémon

Antigone to Creon in Antigone by Jean Anouilh:
Yes, I love Hemon. I love a Hemon strong and young, assertive and faithful, like me. But if life and your mediocre concept of happiness, are to affect him with their averageness, if Hemon doesn't get pale when i am pale, if he doesnt think I am dead if i m late by five minutes, if he doesn't feel all alone in the world and hates me when i smile without tellin him why, if he becomes Mr. Hemon near me, if he learns to say Yes to life, him also, then no,I dont love him.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... nice quote..
the character of antigone is truly inspiring and upright.

PS: your profile pic is very pretty.

adios..

Unknown said...

did u really need to be anonymous??

Anonymous said...

What is the need to be known...

Its good that you have a regular blog reader.plus by no means do i know you except for the fact that i have gathered from your blogs.

Chill and enjoy.

Unknown said...

hey its so truthful